1. I was a totally good girl in high school. I never, ever, ever skipped school, not even once. The worst thing I did was sneaking off campus to go to Pizza Hut for lunch, when we had a closed campus.
2. As a result of the above, I eat really fast. That happens when you have to drive to the pizza place a couple miles away, find a seat, place your order, wait for your food to be delivered, eat it, and drive back to school, all in 40 minutes. I am frequently (if I’m not careful) finished eating long before my companions…or before they have even started in the case of my extremely slow-eating husband, who must arrange his plate just so before beginning to eat.
3. I’m kind of a slob. I inevitably spill food on anything I’m wearing. I can’t tell you how many times I have worn a brand new shirt exactly once, only to have it permanently and utterly stained beyond repair. Maybe if I slowed down?
4. I’m also messy. I clean off my desk when my monitor is no longer visible. When I do clean it, it frequently is a mess again within only a day or so.
5. I own a lovely yellow Jeep Wrangler named Sunnee. My husband owns a black Jeep Wrangler named Scrat (the squirrel/rat thing from Ice Age). My license plate with its frame says:
In My Jeep
6. When I was younger, I had a mad crush on Shaun Cassidy (in the days of Hardy Boys). My cousin and I used to write very long elaborate sagas of our lives as teen girls in a fictional Santa Monica, with our HUGE families and our boyfriends Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson. I still have some of those stories kicking around here.
7. I don’t like diamonds or gold. I’m a silver and stone kind of person. I love colored rocks. Things like labradorite, moon stone, etc., set in silver is my favorite. The only diamond/gold jewelry I wear is my wedding ring.
8. I hate shoes. Sorry, I know that makes me the complete opposite of most women out there. It wasn’t always like that. I grew up working in a shoe store, and it was always like Christmas when the box of shoes came in. I always got first dibs (and a great discount!) so I had tons of shoes as a teen and young adult. But time and gravity has made it so my poor feet can’t stand anything but the most comfy of shoes. I think I own about 5 pairs. And probably wear the same 3 pairs 90% of the time.
9. I may have mentioned this before, but I married my high school sweetheart. He was the first (and only) guy I ever dated, ever kissed, etc. And I don’t regret it one bit, 25 years later.
10. I’m a complete electronics junky. I have a PDA phone, get a new computer every few years (and we have 7 computers in our house for 4 people, 4 of which are on or under my desk), and the fact that I don’t have Windows Vista on my two personal computers is killing me, because I love to be up to date on things. My husband and I always joke that while we may not have the best house in the world we have damn good electronics!